List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Pattison Date:February 13 2005 9:00pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
The ODBC control applet in Windows can be found in two places:<br>

1. Control Panel.
2. Administrative Tools (if you are using Windows 2000 or XP).<br>

If you have Windows 2000 or XP, the easiest way to find it is to find
your "Administrative Tools" folder (usually you need to tweak the Start
menu to make it visible) and double click on the "Data Sources (ODBC)"
icon. If you have Windows XP you can also open control panel and use
the Administrative Tools icon in there.

If you don't have Windows 2000 or XP, you need to find a file called
odbccp32.cpl (or similar). If this is placed in the windows\system
directory it should be visible in Control Panel. If it is not visible,
you should use TweakUI to enable it. TweakUI is a Microsoft utility and
can be found by searching on download.com .

Cheers

Andrew.

--
Andrew Pattison
mail at apattison.plus.com

Thread
Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb