List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:February 13 2005 8:09pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
David,

 >I installed ODBC before but never got a chance to do
 >much with it before my computer crashed. But I could
 >have sworn there was a simple icon that I clicked to
 >start it, just like a normal software program.

My recollection is that ODBC installation "normally" adds ODBCAdmin to
the Start Menu, so it's probably there somewhere, but if you want a
desktop icon for ODBC Administrator, right click on it in Windows
Explorer and select 'Create a Shortcut'.

PB

David Blomstrom wrote:

>--- Neculai Macarie <mack@stripped> wrote:
>

>>>I just installed MySQL's ODBC program, but I can't
>>>figure out how to launch it. I see no reference to
>>>ODBC when I go to Start > Programs. The only thing
>>>resembling an executable icon I can find is in my
>>>Add/Remove programs directory. I did a Windows
>>>

>>search
>>

>>>and found many files named ODBC, most of them in
>>>Windows/Prefetch and Windows/system32, but none of
>>>them appear to be executable programs.
>>>
>>>I posted a message on MySQL's ODBC forum but
>>>

>>haven't
>>

>>>received any replies. Does anyone know of a way to
>>>locate ODBC's executable file and create a desktop
>>>icon?
>>>

>>I think the path is to configure ODBC datasources:
>>%SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe
>>
>>There isn't a MySQL ODBC executable as far as I
>>know.
>>
>>--
>><mack />
>>

>OK, I found it there...but how do you start it? Double
>clicking it just brings up all sorts of information
>and choices.
>
>I installed ODBC before but never got a chance to do
>much with it before my computer crashed. But I could
>have sworn there was a simple icon that I clicked to
>start it, just like a normal software program.
>
>Thanks.

>The all-new My Yahoo! - What will yours do?
>http://my.yahoo.com

Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb