List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Blomstrom Date:February 13 2005 7:14pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
--- Neculai Macarie <mack@stripped> wrote:

> > I just installed MySQL's ODBC program, but I can't
> > figure out how to launch it. I see no reference to
> > ODBC when I go to Start > Programs. The only thing
> > resembling an executable icon I can find is in my
> > Add/Remove programs directory. I did a Windows
> search
> > and found many files named ODBC, most of them in
> > Windows/Prefetch and Windows/system32, but none of
> > them appear to be executable programs.
> >
> > I posted a message on MySQL's ODBC forum but
> haven't
> > received any replies. Does anyone know of a way to
> > locate ODBC's executable file and create a desktop
> > icon?
>
> I think the path is to configure ODBC datasources:
> %SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe
>
> There isn't a MySQL ODBC executable as far as I
> know.
>
> --
> <mack />

OK, I found it there...but how do you start it? Double
clicking it just brings up all sorts of information
and choices.

I installed ODBC before but never got a chance to do
much with it before my computer crashed. But I could
have sworn there was a simple icon that I clicked to
start it, just like a normal software program.

Thanks.

http://my.yahoo.com
Thread
Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb