List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neculai Macarie Date:February 13 2005 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Where's my ODBC icon?
View as plain text
> I just installed MySQL's ODBC program, but I can't
> figure out how to launch it. I see no reference to
> ODBC when I go to Start > Programs. The only thing
> resembling an executable icon I can find is in my
> Add/Remove programs directory. I did a Windows search
> and found many files named ODBC, most of them in
> Windows/Prefetch and Windows/system32, but none of
> them appear to be executable programs.
>
> I posted a message on MySQL's ODBC forum but haven't
> received any replies. Does anyone know of a way to
> locate ODBC's executable file and create a desktop
> icon?

I think the path is to configure ODBC datasources:
%SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe

There isn't a MySQL ODBC executable as far as I know.

--
<mack />

Thread
Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
  • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Neculai Macarie13 Feb
    • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
      • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Peter Brawley13 Feb
        • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
          • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
            • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
              • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?Andrew Pattison13 Feb
                • Re: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom13 Feb
                  • A Heartfelt thank you.gunmuse14 Feb
  • RE: Where's my ODBC icon?Osvaldo Sommer14 Feb
RE: Where's my ODBC icon?David Blomstrom14 Feb