List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:February 11 2005 4:08pm
Subject:Re: Two versions of MySQL on same machine
View as plain text
Kevin,

I am pleased to hear this is probably possible.  Now to give it a go and
see what happens.

Regards,

Ben.

Kevin Cowley wrote:
> If your libraries/executables in your autonomus portable directories are
> from the later version you shouldn't have problems - they're generally
> backwards compatible.
>
> You're also better off since you're running two 4.n.x versions. The
> problems really occur if you have 4.n.x and 3.n.x installed on the same
> machine and the 3.n.x are in the default path for system users. You then
> have to remember to explicitly reset the path every time you want to use
> any of the 4.n.x utilities as they'll try and use the 3.n.x libraries
> and fail.
>
> Kevin Cowley
> R&D
>
> Tel: 0118 902 9099 (direct line)
> Email: kevin.cowley@stripped

Thread
Two versions of MySQL on same machineBen Clewett11 Feb
RE: Two versions of MySQL on same machineKevin Cowley11 Feb
RE: Two versions of MySQL on same machineMichael L USAATC Dean11 Feb
RE: Two versions of MySQL on same machineKevin Cowley11 Feb
  • Re: Two versions of MySQL on same machineBen Clewett11 Feb
    • Re: Two versions of MySQL on same machineEric Bergen11 Feb