List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:November 6 1999 4:33pm
Subject:Inserting Images
View as plain text
Newbie with file transfers and wondered if anyone has any information on
how to insert text files and or images into Mysql?  I guess I would use
the blob field for the images.  Are there any sites that you could
recommend?  If this has been asked about before on this list is there a
way to get the answers?  I guess I would like to be able to upload an
image, say of a computer or piece of equipment for a database.  Then I
would like to display it back from Mysql in a web page.   I have created
many simple databases in Mysql with web interaction and now would like
to move to the next step of images.  This would also help with Distance
learning - adding AVI or Quicktime into Mysql --or would you recommend
keeping the images files out of Mysql and just have a datalink to the
image or Quicktime Movie?

And if anyone has any scripts on how to insert image files or text files
from a desktop to a Mysql Database and then scripts on how to display
the images back to the screen in perl-cgi - I would be very grateful.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Douglas

Thread
Inserting ImagesDouglas Brantz6 Nov
  • Re: Inserting ImagesBob Kline6 Nov
    • Re: Inserting ImagesDouglas Brantz6 Nov