List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ben Clewett Date:February 11 2005 2:12pm
Subject:Two versions of MySQL on same machine
View as plain text
Dear MySQL,

I require two versions of MySQL on the same machine.

[Specifically part of an HACMP array where services are portable and
move from server to server, using AIX 5.1].

The machine I have will have to support MySQL 4.0.11 and 4.1.8.

I have three questions:

1. Are there any server libs?

I can see these on a Linux box, none of which look like server libs, so
I might be lucky?

librt.so.1
libz.so.1
libdl.so.2
libpthread.so.0
libcrypt.so.1
libnsl.so.1
libm.so.6
libc.so.6

2. If there are and server libs, will the server libs conflict between
the two versions?

2. If they conflict, is there a way of compiling MySQL to it's specific
libs from the standard package, without static compilation?

Any help, however honest or candied, would be extremely useful.

Regards,

Ben Clewett.

--
Ben Clewett