List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zhe Wang Date:February 10 2005 9:47pm
Subject:"show table status" extremely slow
View as plain text
Hi, there,

    We have a huge database (84 tables of about 360 G of data in MyISAM
tables). Recently, we converted the entire database to InnoDB (in one
table space) and set up replication. Then we experienced some slower
performance.

     For example, "show table status" on the master took more than 90
seconds if the database connection was made from local server, and
terribly 400 seconds if the connection was from a remote server. At the
moment "show table status" was issued, there were about 5 other queries
running.

     However, if the test was done on the slave,  "show table status"
took approximately 90 seconds for each of the connections from the local
and remote servers, while only the slave thread was running in the
meanwhile.

     Our questions are:
1. Is "show table status" generally extremely slow for InnoDB tables?
2. Does connection from the local or remote server affect the speed of
"show table status"?
3. Does the fact one server a master another a slave affect the speed of
"show table status"?

      Your reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zhe

Thread
"show table status" extremely slowZhe Wang10 Feb
  • Re: "show table status" extremely slowEric Bergen11 Feb