List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:April 13 1999 8:42pm
Subject:Re: server has gone away, second try
View as plain text
>At 13:08 13/04/1999 -0700, you wrote:
>>Okay, so I'm rewriting some stuff.
>>
>>Originally, I made one connection to the database and used that handle
>>for all of my queries.  But then I started playing with fork(), and
>>Monty said that when you fork(), you have to connect *after* the fork().
>>
>>Okay, hence the rewrite.  So now I have code that makes a connection
>>to the database for each query.  Fine enough, the initial tests ran
>>just fine.  So I decided to see if I could just create a 10 000 record
>>database with this code.  I began to see some
>
>Maybe you must close some connections ...

Ah, yes.  Thank you.  I had assumed that if the connection
was opened in a function that it was automagically closed
when the function terminated.  This is true with a program,
but not a function, right?

It works now, though.  Now for some fork()ing...

Thread
server has gone away, second tryDerick H Siddoway14 Apr
  • RE: Row Locking issue in 3.23.xadam nelson14 May
Re: server has gone away, second tryDerick H Siddoway14 Apr
Re: server has gone away, second tryemilio lumia14 Apr