List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Olivier Kaloudoff Date:February 8 2005 10:02pm
Subject:Re: ERROR 1189 (08S01): Net error reading from master
View as plain text

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Bastian Balthazar Bux wrote:

> Just a shot in the dark
> do you have "skip-networking" or "bind-address" uncommented in your my.cnf ?
> Reading better what you write I suppose the answer is yes ;)
>
> can you connect from one server to the other using the replication user ?

no skip-networking or bind to localhost activated.

The two servers are clearly speaking to each other, as
the first try was refused with : db0 does not allow from 192.168.0.177,
and after the grant, I got the error 1189..

(lsof -i has open socket to *:mysql)

Additionnaly, I can see clearly that db0 receives the command, as
the Query Cache is completely wiped out to 0 Queries when "load
data from master is issued"

So there does not seem like a network problem to me :)

another idea ?