List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Auyon Bhattacharya Date:February 5 2005 8:43am
Subject:Hierarchial Data Structure
View as plain text
I am new to this. I have been trying to implement a hierarchial data
structure in Mysql 5.0, on Windows NT with PHP. Can anyone tell me if
I wish to retrieve an information such as the list of fore-fathers
from a family tree how do I go about it in MySQL. I think MySQL still
do not have support for Hierarchial Queries. ( like in Oracle we have
CONNECT BY PRIOR) .
Can I use functions to get a array of names or something like that. Or
is there any other owrk around for it.

PLEASE HELP.
Auyon Bhattacharya.
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra,India.
Thread
Hierarchial Data StructureAuyon Bhattacharya5 Feb
  • Re: Hierarchial Data StructureAndy6 Feb
    • Re: Hierarchial Data StructureMichael Dykman6 Feb
  • Re: Hierarchial Data StructureDaniel Kasak6 Feb
    • Re: Hierarchial Data StructureJoerg Bruehe7 Feb