List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gleb Paharenko Date:February 4 2005 5:23pm
Subject:Re: ENCODE & DECODE
View as plain text
Hello.

I think you should remove the space after DECODE.

"shaun thornburgh" <shaunthornburgh@stripped> wrote:
> Apparently not!
>
> mysql> SELECT DECODE ( CSV_DATA_ENC_FORENAME, "test_password" ) FROM
> DATA_TABLE_PID_1_DESC_137;
> ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
> corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(
> CSV_DATA_ENC_FORENAME, "test_password" ) FROM DATA_TABLE_PID_
> mysql>
>
> Any ideas?
>
>>From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@stripped>
>>To: mysql@stripped
>>Subject: Re: ENCODE & DECODE
>>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:20:14 -0600
>>
>>On Friday 04 February 2005 09:51 am, shaun thornburgh wrote:
>>
>> > I have a table where users upload various data items via a web site.
>>Some
>> > fields in the table are named DATA_ENC... to denote that the data should
>>be
>> > encrypted uusing the encode function. This all works fine, however when
>> > come to selecting the data from the table I would like to be able to
>>select
>> > all the data and decrypt any fields as required. Is this possible with
>>one
>> > query, or do I have to select every data item then decrypt it then
>>present
>> > the data?
>>
>>Wouldn't select decode(col1) from table work?
>>
>>Jeff
>><< attach3 >>

       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
    • Re: ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEGleb Paharenko4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
RE: ENCODE & DECODEJohn Trammell4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb