List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shaun thornburgh Date:February 4 2005 5:00pm
Subject:Re: ENCODE & DECODE
View as plain text
Apparently not!

mysql> SELECT DECODE ( CSV_DATA_ENC_FORENAME, "test_password" ) FROM
DATA_TABLE_PID_1_DESC_137;
ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(
CSV_DATA_ENC_FORENAME, "test_password" ) FROM DATA_TABLE_PID_
mysql>

Any ideas?

>From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@stripped>
>To: mysql@stripped
>Subject: Re: ENCODE & DECODE
>Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 10:20:14 -0600
>
>On Friday 04 February 2005 09:51 am, shaun thornburgh wrote:
>
> > I have a table where users upload various data items via a web site.
>Some
> > fields in the table are named DATA_ENC... to denote that the data should
>be
> > encrypted uusing the encode function. This all works fine, however when
> > come to selecting the data from the table I would like to be able to
>select
> > all the data and decrypt any fields as required. Is this possible with
>one
> > query, or do I have to select every data item then decrypt it then
>present
> > the data?
>
>Wouldn't select decode(col1) from table work?
>
>Jeff
><< attach3 >>

Thread
ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
    • Re: ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEGleb Paharenko4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
RE: ENCODE & DECODEJohn Trammell4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb