List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Winn Johnston Date:February 4 2005 4:24pm
Subject:Re: developing an interface
View as plain text
lynx.... i like it   :)
thanks duncan, u the man

winn johnston

-- Duncan Hill <duncanh@stripped> wrote:

> On Friday 04 February 2005 16:03, Winn Johnston
> might have typed:
>
> > My users have expressed a distinct dislike for
> point
> > and click methods. They would rather use the
> keyboard
> > in the same way a ticket agent does when she is
> > looking for a flight :)
>
> You can do this one of two ways.
>
> Give them shell logins on a *nix box (or port to
> win32) and write your
> application in perl or php as a console app.
>
> Give them lynx and write your app in php as a web
> app, using style sheets etc.
> They get a green screen (literally with the right
> lynx config) where tab etc
> all behave (complete with 1 - 9 working as hotkeys
> for menus), but you can
> migrate new users to the Firefox/IE interface :)

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

http://my.yahoo.com

Thread
Character Sets, 4.0 and 4.1Bruce Dembecki4 Feb
  • developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
    • Re: developing an interfaceSGreen4 Feb
      • Re: developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
        • Re: developing an interfaceDuncan Hill4 Feb
          • Re: developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
          • Re: developing an interfaceMichael Dykman4 Feb
RE: Character Sets, 4.0 and 4.1Kevin Cowley4 Feb