List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Smelser Date:February 4 2005 4:20pm
Subject:Re: ENCODE & DECODE
View as plain text
On Friday 04 February 2005 09:51 am, shaun thornburgh wrote:

> I have a table where users upload various data items via a web site. Some
> fields in the table are named DATA_ENC... to denote that the data should be
> encrypted uusing the encode function. This all works fine, however when I
> come to selecting the data from the table I would like to be able to select
> all the data and decrypt any fields as required. Is this possible with one
> query, or do I have to select every data item then decrypt it then present
> the data?

Wouldn't select decode(col1) from table work?

Jeff

ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
    • Re: ENCODE & DECODEshaun thornburgh4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEGleb Paharenko4 Feb
      • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb
RE: ENCODE & DECODEJohn Trammell4 Feb
  • Re: ENCODE & DECODEJeff Smelser4 Feb