List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Duncan Hill Date:February 4 2005 4:08pm
Subject:Re: developing an interface
View as plain text
On Friday 04 February 2005 16:03, Winn Johnston might have typed:

> My users have expressed a distinct dislike for point
> and click methods. They would rather use the keyboard
> in the same way a ticket agent does when she is
> looking for a flight :)

You can do this one of two ways.

Give them shell logins on a *nix box (or port to win32) and write your
application in perl or php as a console app.

Give them lynx and write your app in php as a web app, using style sheets etc.
They get a green screen (literally with the right lynx config) where tab etc
all behave (complete with 1 - 9 working as hotkeys for menus), but you can
migrate new users to the Firefox/IE interface :)
Thread
Character Sets, 4.0 and 4.1Bruce Dembecki4 Feb
  • developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
    • Re: developing an interfaceSGreen4 Feb
      • Re: developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
        • Re: developing an interfaceDuncan Hill4 Feb
          • Re: developing an interfaceWinn Johnston4 Feb
          • Re: developing an interfaceMichael Dykman4 Feb
RE: Character Sets, 4.0 and 4.1Kevin Cowley4 Feb