List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Balazs Rauznitz Date:February 2 2005 7:20pm
Subject:Re: Social Networking querys
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 10:55:41AM -0800, Bruce Douglas wrote:
> balazs...
>
> cool... makes sense. then if that's the case, share away!!!! how's
> the weather over in fl. i noticed on your site that you guys are fairly
> small, makes for a good environment when getting work done!

One thing I definitely cannot share is the number of users, but I
wouldn't say we're small at all.

> how does your app compare to ryze or linkedin, regarding the underlying networking
> engine...
>
> ryze appears to be a rather simple/straight-forward list of
> lists/links approach, whereas linkedin has the ability to allow msgs to
> only proceed between nodes if one is a 'trusted' node within the
> chain....

Honestly I haven't used the sites you mentioned. These are Multiply's
capabilities:

There are different relationship types (about 50) that describe the
relationship with your contacts. Such as father, fraternity brother,
co-worker, etc... You can send messages and post content to people in
your network described based on the relationship. For example "my
family members", "my friends and their friends", you get the idea...
The relationship graph engine can tell the shortest (most meaningful)
connection or all possible connections between any two people. It can
efficiently check if a piece of content is viewable by a user based on
what permissions the creator of the content gave. It's very flexible,
which is a great thing if you work in a startup and bizdev people throw
curveballs at you all the time ;-)

Balazs

Thread
Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysPeter Brawley2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysMichael Dykman2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysMark Papadakis2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb