List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dathan Pattishall Date:February 2 2005 6:04pm
Subject:RE: Social Networking querys
View as plain text

DVP
----
Dathan Vance Pattishall     http://www.friendster.com

We have our own storage engine that talks an API to our own C++ server
that stores the graph. Doing it with a pure myISAM engine is possible
but it's way to slow. Doing a self table join or subselect is really the
only way doing it, less you want to have some application logic that
issues 1000s of selects.

> Balazs

Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysPeter Brawley2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysMichael Dykman2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysMark Papadakis2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb