List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Balazs Rauznitz Date:February 2 2005 5:33pm
Subject:Re: Social Networking querys
View as plain text
On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 09:20:28AM -0800, Bruce Douglas wrote:
> hi...
>
> i'm not sure who the original poster was... but, there is also an open source app
> (yogurt) that claims to be used to deal/implement a version of a foaf system, much like
> okurt/google. i'm not sure how the underlying 'special sauce' is implemented, but it might
> be worth checking out...
>
> let us know what you find. this seems to be the kind of thing that has probably been
> described in the comp sci literature as graph theory/edge graph theory has been around for
> awhile. also the ability to describe realtionships between nodes within a graph is a topic
> that i believe has had a good deal of research from an academic point of view...

Cool. Let us know if you find something interesting. Are you planning
to allow different colors for the edges (relationship types) ?
I'll  "race" any library that's been written :-)

Balazs
Thread
Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysPeter Brawley2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysMichael Dykman2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysMark Papadakis2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb