List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nick Arnett Date:February 2 2005 5:11pm
Subject:Re: Social Networking querys
View as plain text
Peter Brawley wrote:

>> is, there is some method to iterate in this relation to avoid joining
>> the table in itself each time ?
>

> Exactly the problem with trying to model an anything-goes network, a
> "world of ends", in a relational model of a directed graph. I think
> you need an XML layer in there, eg see
> http://iswc2004.semanticweb.org/demos/03/.

XML isn't necessary and probably just makes it more complicated.  As
someone wrote, if you have a problem and decide to solve it with XML,
now you have two problems.

On the other hand, since the semantic web relies on graphs, approaches
that work for it do apply... but unless interoperability matters, it's
hard for me to imagine a good reason to bother with XML.

Nick

Thread
Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysPeter Brawley2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysNick Arnett2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysMichael Dykman2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
    • Re: Social Networking querysMark Papadakis2 Feb
RE: Social Networking querysDathan Pattishall2 Feb
Re: Social Networking querysBruce Douglas2 Feb
  • Re: Social Networking querysBalazs Rauznitz2 Feb
Re: Social Networking queryslistsql listsql2 Feb