List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:April 13 1999 7:52pm
Subject:server has gone away
View as plain text
Okay, so I'm rewriting some stuff.

Originally, I made one connection to the database and used that handle
for all of my queries.  But then I started playing with fork(), and
Monty said that when you fork(), you have to connect *after* the fork().

Okay, hence the rewrite.  So now I have code that makes a connection
to the database for each query.  Fine enough, the initial tests ran
just fine.  So I decided to see if I could just create a 10 000 record
database with this code.  I began to see some

Error connecting to database: Success
Error in query: MySQL server has gone away
Error connecting to database: Success
Error in query: MySQL server has gone away
Error connecting to datbase: Success
Thread
server has gone awayDerick H Siddoway13 Apr