List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nick Arnett Date:January 28 2005 8:10pm
Subject:Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)
View as plain text
symbulos partners wrote:

>Is there any other workaround? The reason because we are using InnoDB is
>because there s full support
>- for foreign keys,
>- for joint queries
>- for rollback on commit
>
>Does anybody know any other way of indexing the table in a way, which would
>allow full text search?

Sure -- use an external search engine that has database hooks (or create
your own connector).  Depending on the sophistication (or existence) of
a database connector for the search engine, you'll have to write more or
less code to tell it how them to talk to each other -- how to know when
there's new data to index, how to retrieve the text data into the search
engine for indexing or display.  The most sophisticated ones use
database triggers to make it all fairly easy.  Otherwise, you'll need to
write code that hands the text and a pointer (typically the primary key)
to the full-text engine when a record is added or modified, and the
pointer for deletes.

Nick

Thread
FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tablessymbulos partners28 Jan
  • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tablesMartijn Tonies28 Jan
    • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)symbulos partners28 Jan
      • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)SGreen28 Jan
        • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)Martijn Tonies28 Jan
        • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)symbulos partners28 Jan
          • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)Sasha Pachev28 Jan
            • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)mos30 Jan
        • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)corradoerina@btopenworld.com28 Jan
      • Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)Nick Arnett28 Jan
Re: FULLTEXT index on InnoDB tables (looking for a workaround)Heikki Tuuri30 Jan