List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:January 21 2005 9:39pm
Subject:Re: MySQL quota problem
View as plain text
Iavor,

if you use the directory quota method and InnoDB's

innodb_file_per_table

option in 4.1.9, I would be interested to hear the results. If the space
runs out in a database directory, then INSERTs etc. in that database should
fail with the error 'Table is full' and the SQL statement should be rolled
back. I do not think it will make other databases useless.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php