List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Clint Edwards Date:January 18 2005 12:13pm
Subject:Re: Rollback and INSERT_ID() or LAST_INSERT_ID()
View as plain text
Andre,

I would recommend a table for recovering id's that are lost due to rollback.
  Before you actually rollback, take the generated ID and push it into this
table.  Then change the way you acquire id's on insert.  You will want to
check to see if this table has an ID before you auto_increment the table you
are inserting the record into.  This should be a little less resource
intensive than to put all data into temporary tables.

Clint