List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Bergen Date:January 17 2005 2:24pm
Subject:Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?
View as plain text
Shaun,
  Check out the enum and set column types in the manual. Enum works
well for things like  'Yes', 'No'. For a percentage field, that has to
be checked in the application.

-Eric

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:12:53 +0000, shaun thornburgh
<shaunthornburgh@stripped> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to create a database and have a query. Is it possible for
> mysql to contain the possible field values in the database rather than
> creating the options in the application?
>
> For example Field_A can only be Yes or No, Field_B can be 50% or 80% etc.
>
> I feel that creating the application this way would ensure that no invalid
> data can be entered into the table.
>
> Thanks for your help

Eric Bergen
eric.bergen@stripped
http://www.bleated.com
Thread
Can Mysql hold possible field values?shaun thornburgh17 Jan
  • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Eric Bergen17 Jan
  • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Mattias J17 Jan
    • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?shaun thornburgh17 Jan
      • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Alec.Cawley17 Jan
      • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Jigal van Hemert17 Jan