List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:shaun thornburgh Date:January 17 2005 2:12pm
Subject:Can Mysql hold possible field values?
View as plain text
Hi,

I am attempting to create a database and have a query. Is it possible for
mysql to contain the possible field values in the database rather than
creating the options in the application?

For example Field_A can only be Yes or No, Field_B can be 50% or 80% etc.

I feel that creating the application this way would ensure that no invalid
data can be entered into the table.

Thanks for your help

Thread
Can Mysql hold possible field values?shaun thornburgh17 Jan
  • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Eric Bergen17 Jan
  • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Mattias J17 Jan
    • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?shaun thornburgh17 Jan
      • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Alec.Cawley17 Jan
      • Re: Can Mysql hold possible field values?Jigal van Hemert17 Jan