List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:sam wun Date:January 16 2005 9:00am
Subject:Update does not doing updates
View as plain text
Hi,

I use the following statement to update a table, but I don't see the
testing record being updated:

 $udpate_sql = qq {update transaction
                             set salesvolume=$salesvol,
netsales=$netsales, transtype="$transtype",
                                 returnreason="$returnreason"
                             where prodcode="$prodcode" and
custcode="$custcode" and date="$transdate";};
$sth = $dbh->prepare($update_sql) || die "prepare: $update_sql:
$DBI::errstr";
$sth->execute || die "Unable to execute query: $dbh->errstr\n";
$sth->finish;

Thanks
Sam
Thread
Update does not doing updatessam wun16 Jan