List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Justin Lundy Date:January 15 2005 5:52am
Subject:vi.recover in show databases output?
View as plain text
When I open over nine connections to mysql I see vi.recover in my show
databases output.  The existing connections stay open and continue to
operate. No new database connections can be made at this point. I should
be seeing the mysql, phpdig and test databases when performing the query
but I only see vi.recover? Any ideas why this happens or how to prevent it?

[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ uname -a
NetBSD subterrain.net 2.0 NetBSD 2.0 (SUBTERRAIN) #1: Tue Dec 28
22:34:54 EST 2004
jbl@stripped:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/SUBTERRAIN i386
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ ls /var/mysql/
#sql_267_1.MYI          ib_logfile0             phpdig
#sql_267_2.MYI          ib_logfile1             subterrain.net.err
#sql_267_3.MYI          ibdata1                 subterrain.net.pid
#sql_2819_2.MYI         mysql                   test
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 1180 to server version: 4.1.7

mysql> show databases;
+------------+
| Database   |
+------------+
| vi.recover |
+------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>exit;
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ find / -name vi.recover
/var/tmp/vi.recover
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ su -
Password:
[root@subterrain root]# /usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/mysqld restart
Stopping mysqld.
Waiting for PIDS: 10265, 10265, 10265.
Starting mysqld.
[root@subterrain root]# exit
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 10 to server version: 4.1.7

mysql> show databases;
+----------+
| Database |
+----------+
| mysql    |
| phpdig   |
| test     |
3 rows in set (0.04 sec)

mysql> exit;
[jbl@subterrain jbl]$

Thanks,
-JBL

Thread
vi.recover in show databases output?Justin Lundy16 Jan
  • Re: vi.recover in show databases output?Dan Nelson16 Jan