List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 16 2005 2:57am
Subject:RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?
View as plain text
At 20:32 -0500 1/15/05, Dave Merrill wrote:
>Let me ask a slightly different question:
>
>Is there a string concatenation operator in mysql when it's *not* running in
>ansi mode? Or is the only way to accomplish that to use CONCAT?
>
>I think I'm hearing that there is no operator, only CONCAT. Right?

Right.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com
Thread
Strip off leading and trailing spaces once in db?Steve Grosz15 Jan
  • Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Dave Merrill15 Jan
    • Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Robert Alexander15 Jan
      • RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Dave Merrill15 Jan
        • Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Jochem van Dieten15 Jan
        • Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Michael Stassen15 Jan
  • RE: Strip off leading and trailing spaces once in db?Dave Merrill15 Jan
RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Dave Merrill15 Jan
  • RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Paul DuBois15 Jan
    • RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Dave Merrill15 Jan
      • RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Dave Merrill16 Jan
        • RE: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Paul DuBois16 Jan
Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Jochem van Dieten15 Jan
  • Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Greg Whalin15 Jan
  • Re: Plus sign doesn't concatenate strings in MySQL?Robert Alexander15 Jan