List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:January 14 2005 11:18pm
Subject:Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables
View as plain text
Mattias,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattias J" <mjslask@stripped>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 8:50 PM

> At 2005-01-14 18:09, you wrote:
>>this is very strange. Have you used MySQL-5.0.x to create those tables? Or
>>which MySQL version did you use when you created those tables?
>>was it so that you RECREATED those tables with 4.0.21, and you STILL got
>>the error in 4.1.8?
>
> We have never used MySQL 5.
>
> What we did was to delete the InnoDB data files and all other MySQL data
> from the corrupted server. Then copied the data (InnoDB, .frm etc) from an
> old server, still running 4.0.15. Then we uninstalled MySQL and installed
> 4.0.21 on the server where the tables were corrupted and checked to make
> sure the copied data was fine. After that we upgraded MySQL to 4.1.9 and
> the tables where corrupted again.
> On monday I will see if we have a server "to spare" so we can test if this
> is reproducible in another environment.

the explanation has to be that the MIX_ID column in the InnoDB internal data
dictionary has got a value != 0. I do not see any way it could get that
value, except through corruption in the main memory. But then it is very
strange how the corruption has not spoiled the data dictionary completely.

You can fix the problem by dropping the table (using <= 4.0.22) and
reimporting it from a dump. We will add diagnostic code to 4.1.10 that can
give us a clue if this problem reappears.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM
tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/

Thread
Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesEric Bergen13 Jan
    • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri15 Jan