List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mattias J Date:January 14 2005 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables
View as plain text
At 2005-01-14 18:09, you wrote:
>this is very strange. Have you used MySQL-5.0.x to create those tables? Or
>which MySQL version did you use when you created those tables?
>was it so that you RECREATED those tables with 4.0.21, and you STILL got
>the error in 4.1.8?

We have never used MySQL 5.

What we did was to delete the InnoDB data files and all other MySQL data
from the corrupted server. Then copied the data (InnoDB, .frm etc) from an
old server, still running 4.0.15. Then we uninstalled MySQL and installed
4.0.21 on the server where the tables were corrupted and checked to make
sure the copied data was fine. After that we upgraded MySQL to 4.1.9 and
the tables where corrupted again.
On monday I will see if we have a server "to spare" so we can test if this
is reproducible in another environment.

I wrote
>>>Ok. This is what happened:
>>>We removed MySQL from the server and re-installed 4.0(.21) then put back
>>>some old data.
>>>When trying to upgrade to 4.1.9 we encountered the same problem, with the
>>>exact same tables being corrupted!
>>>
>>>For one of the tables, as an example, the innodb_table_monitor says
>>>   050114 15:29:21  InnoDB: table DB000001/account_text is in the new
>>>compact format
>>>   InnoDB: of MySQL 5.0.3 or later
>>>   InnoDB: Failed to load table DB000001/account_text
>>>This occurs 51 times in total for 40+ databases with 130+ tables in each
>>>(though different tables in each database).
>>>
>>>We have a copy of this data and could easily reproduce the error by
>>>restoring the data and then upgrading from 4.0 to 4.1(.8 or .9).

> <mjslask@stripped>

Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesEric Bergen13 Jan
    • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri15 Jan