List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mattias J Date:January 13 2005 4:53pm
Subject:Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables
View as plain text
There are mostly just 2 or 3 corrupted tables out of about 100 in each
database/schema/namespace and if possible we would like to keep the
information in the other tables.

At 2005-01-13 17:47, you wrote:
>If you don't have any data in innodb, delete and recreate the
>tablespace including the frm files. This will give you a fresh 4.1
>table space to import into.
>
>-Eric
>

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:37:39 +0100, Mattias J <mjslask@stripped> wrote:
> > Earlier today we tried upgrading one of our MySQL servers from 4.0.15 to
> > 4.1.8 using RPMs. This resulted in corrupted InnoDB tables seemingly
> > randomly selected across the different databases (about 40 databases with
> > similar schemas plus an addition 5 with different tables).
> >
> > The error message when trying to access one of those tables is:
> >    Error: 1016 - Can't open file: 'account_text.ibd' (errno: 1)
> >
> > Since there were no important data on this particular server we tried
> > dropping and recreating the table. When trying to drop it, we receive
> >    Error: 1051 - Unknown table 'account_text'
> > So therefore we removed the .fmt file manually and then tried to recreate
> > the table. Here is the result:
> >    Error: 1005 - Can't create table './DB000001/account_text.frm'
> (errno: 121)
> >
> > What is going on here...?
> > How would we go about recovering?
> > I found some bugs in the database (such as #3859, #3594, #3147) that talk
> > about similar symptoms. Are these problems in any way related to any bug?
> > Could we have done anything wrong during the upgrade (I did not perform it
> > myself)? What could we do to prevent this from happening when upgrading the
> > other servers?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >    Mattias J
> >
> > --
> >

>--
>Eric Bergen
>eric.bergen@stripped
>http://www.bleated.com

Thread
Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesEric Bergen13 Jan
    • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri15 Jan