List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mattias J Date:January 13 2005 3:37pm
Subject:Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables
View as plain text
Earlier today we tried upgrading one of our MySQL servers from 4.0.15 to
4.1.8 using RPMs. This resulted in corrupted InnoDB tables seemingly
randomly selected across the different databases (about 40 databases with
similar schemas plus an addition 5 with different tables).

The error message when trying to access one of those tables is:
   Error: 1016 - Can't open file: 'account_text.ibd' (errno: 1)

Since there were no important data on this particular server we tried
dropping and recreating the table. When trying to drop it, we receive
   Error: 1051 - Unknown table 'account_text'
So therefore we removed the .fmt file manually and then tried to recreate
the table. Here is the result:
   Error: 1005 - Can't create table './DB000001/account_text.frm' (errno: 121)

What is going on here...?
How would we go about recovering?
I found some bugs in the database (such as #3859, #3594, #3147) that talk
about similar symptoms. Are these problems in any way related to any bug?
Could we have done anything wrong during the upgrade (I did not perform it
myself)? What could we do to prevent this from happening when upgrading the
other servers?

Thanks in advance,
   Mattias J

Thread
Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesEric Bergen13 Jan
    • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri13 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri14 Jan
  • Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesMattias J14 Jan
Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tablesHeikki Tuuri15 Jan