List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:January 10 2005 6:04pm
Subject:Re: BIG InnoDB problems!
View as plain text
Andy,

----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
Lähettäjä: "Andy Davidson" <adavidson@stripped>
Vastaanottaja: "Heikki Tuuri" <Heikki.Tuuri@stripped>
Lähetetty: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:02 PM
Aihe: Re: BIG InnoDB problems!

...¨
> On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Heikki Tuuri wrote:
>
>> the problem you had was serious corruption in the ibdata files. It can
>> be caused by an InnoDB bug, an OS bug, faulty hardware, and also by an
>> error of the database administrator.
>> Linux kernels 2.4.18 seemed to have corruption issues.
>
> Hi, Heikki --
>
> Is this something that you ONLY seem to see in 2.4.18, or is it all
> kernels up to 2.4.18 (excluding .15 of course), or all kernels since ?

kernels 2.4.x, where x  <= 18.

> How have you reached a conclusion about this kernel version, please ?
> 2.4.18 is the stock kernel in recent Debians, for instance, and it seems
> that it's capable of stable MySQL/InnoDB environments.  Though if I am
> wrong, I would be delighted to know why so that we can change things
> quickly. ;-)

Red Hat kernels 2.4.18 are suspect. I have little feedback from
Debian-2.4.18.

> --
>
> Andy Davidson
> Systems Administrator
> Ebuyer UK Ltd., 201 Woodbourn Road, Sheffield, S9 3LR

Regards,

Heikki

Thread
BIG InnoDB problems!jsf30 Dec
  • Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Eric Bergen31 Dec
    • Re: BIG InnoDB problems!jsf31 Dec
Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Heikki Tuuri31 Dec
  • Re: BIG InnoDB problems!jsf31 Dec
Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Heikki Tuuri3 Jan
  • Re: BIG InnoDB problems!jsf3 Jan
Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Heikki Tuuri3 Jan
  • Re: BIG InnoDB problems!jsf3 Jan
Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Heikki Tuuri3 Jan
Re: BIG InnoDB problems!Heikki Tuuri11 Jan