List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sebastian Burg Date:January 3 2005 6:48pm
Subject:Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with php
View as plain text
julian haffegee schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> this has been bugging me for some time now.
>
> I want to do a mysql select
> then using php
>
> while ($a_row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
>  {
> do something to get a small portion of the data
> }

hi julian,

how about using this snip

  $result = mysql_query($sql)or die("fehler:".mysql_error());
  $num = mysql_num_rows($result);

  $erg = array();

  for ($i = 0; $i < $num; $i++) {
   $erg[$i] = array();
   $erg[$i] = mysql_fetch_object($result);
  }

i work with it, and its just fine. put it in a function or a class and
you wont have to bother about processing the results anymore.

have fun.

greetz seba
---------------
http://www.helft-sebastian.de
http://www.schaudirmaldiean.de
http://www.random-link.com
Thread
use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan