List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Brawley Date:January 3 2005 6:44pm
Subject:Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with php
View as plain text
mysql_field_seek( resultset, 0 );

PB

-----

julian haffegee wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this has been bugging me for some time now.
>
> I want to do a mysql select
> then using php
>
> while ($a_row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
>  {
> do something to get a small portion of the data
> }
>

> and that works fine. Then later I need to access $result as a complete
> array again. Is there a way I can keep $result array intact and still
> take a couple values out beforehand. I can get it to work, by doing
> the select twice, but thats less than ideal.
>
> Thanks enormously if you can help
>
> Jules

Thread
use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan