List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Blanchard Date:January 3 2005 6:35pm
Subject:RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with php
View as plain text
[snip]
this has been bugging me for some time now.

I want to do a mysql select
then using php

while ($a_row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {
do something to get a small portion of the data
}

and that works fine. Then later I need to access $result as a complete
array
again. Is there a way I can keep $result array intact and still take a
couple values out beforehand. I can get it to work, by doing the select
twice, but thats less than ideal.
[/snip]

More of a PHP question, but use reset($result); instead of a new query
http://www.php.net/reset
Thread
use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan