List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:January 3 2005 6:31pm
Subject:Re: List for newbie
View as plain text
At 3:56 PM +0100 1/3/05, Paun wrote:
>I am very new in mysql, and don't want to disturb users who have much more
>expirience with mysql.
>Is there any mysql list for newbies??

No, this is the appropriate list...just make sure you:

(1) first try to search the manual:

(2) search the mailing list archives:

(3) Then, if you still need to post a message to the mailing list:

* Explain your problem as clearly as possible
* Describe what you've tried already
*If appropriate, post table structures, example queries, and/or example output

Here's a *comprehensive* reference on good ways to ask questions:

...and, finally, welcome to the MySQL world!

+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                       |
| UC Davis Genome Center                            sbedberg@stripped |
| Bioinformatics programming/database/sysadmin             (530)754-9127 |
+---------------- said t e lawrence, picking up his fork ----------------+