List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:julian haffegee Date:January 3 2005 6:30pm
Subject:doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with php
View as plain text
Hi all,

this has been bugging me for some time now.

I want to do a mysql select
then using php

while ($a_row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
  {
do something to get a small portion of the data
}

and that works fine. Then later I need to access $result as a complete array
again. Is there a way I can keep $result array intact and still take a
couple values out beforehand. I can get it to work, by doing the select
twice, but thats less than ideal.

Thanks enormously if you can help

Jules

Thread
use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan