List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kevin A. Burton Date:January 3 2005 7:26am
Subject:Re: use of soundex in queries
View as plain text
Raphael Matthias Krug wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need to compare names from different tables and therefore I need
>to know the proper use of soundex. I googled for it, but could not find
>anything useful. And select soundex('text') is no help for me.

FYI Soundex has real problems ... use DoubleMetaphone...

Kevin

get a free iPod!

use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan