List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raphael Matthias Krug Date:December 31 2004 3:46pm
Subject:use of soundex in queries
View as plain text
Hi,

I need to compare names from different tables and therefore I need
to know the proper use of soundex. I googled for it, but could not find
anything useful. And select soundex('text') is no help for me.

The query should look like this:
select field from table where field like [soundexquery inserted]

As result there should be a list with the names. The comparison of
the table can also be done with php, so mainly it would be great to
know how to do resultqueries as described.

Thanks for help! Happy new year

Raphael
Thread
use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
    • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug31 Dec
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSGreen31 Dec
        • doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpjulian haffegee3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpPeter Brawley3 Jan
          • Re: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpSebastian Burg3 Jan
      • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev1 Jan
        • Re: use of soundex in queriesRaphael Matthias Krug1 Jan
          • Re: use of soundex in queriesSasha Pachev14 Jan
        • Complex joining - multiple tables to oneVille Mattila3 Jan
          • Re: Complex joining - multiple tables to oneSGreen4 Jan
  • Re: use of soundex in queriesKevin A. Burton3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpJay Blanchard3 Jan
RE: doing SELECTS and keeping the array intact with phpTom Crimmins3 Jan