List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 28 2004 9:27pm
Subject:Re: unique key <-> primary key
View as plain text
Hello,

> I have two tables, seemigly very similar setup; the primary key is the
> combination of two columns. With mysqldump, however, the table
> definition of the two tables looks different.
>
> Mysqldump on table 1 says
>     UNIQUE KEY HONstid (HONstid,HONname)
> whereas on table 2 it says
>     PRIMARY KEY  (IMstid,IMfnum)
>
> What is the difference? Is there any?

A table can have only 1 primary key, but multiple unique constraints.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Thread
unique key <-> primary keyGaspar Bakos28 Dec
  • Re: unique key <-> primary keyMartijn Tonies28 Dec
    • Re: unique key <-> primary keyPaul DuBois28 Dec
      • Re: unique key <-> primary keyGaspar Bakos28 Dec
  • Re: unique key <-> primary keyMartijn Tonies29 Dec
  • Re: unique key <-> primary keyMartijn Tonies29 Dec