List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Don Date:December 23 2004 5:22pm
Subject:How to change root password - getting error
View as plain text
I am trying to change my root password for mysql 4.1.7 running on Linux (as
I forgot it) using the docs found at:
When I get to the step:
shell> mysqladmin -u root flush-privileges password "newpwd"

I get the error:
mysqladmin: unable to change password; error: 'Can't find any matching row
in the user table'
I think my user table is screwed up but how can I get in to fix it???
Worst case, do I just uninstall and reinstall mysql?

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

How to change root password - getting errorDon23 Dec
  • Re: How to change root password - getting errorGleb Paharenko25 Dec