List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ney André de Mello Zunino Date:December 23 2004 3:28am
Subject:Re: MySQL inadvertently messing with the path in the Windows' registry?
View as plain text
Ney André de Mello Zunino wrote:

> I will post again, if I find any conclusive evidence.

I have just obtained that conclusive evidence. The MySQL installer is
indeed messing up the type of the /Path/ value on the registry, changing
it from REG_EXPAND_SZ to REG_SZ. The problem will only take place when
you choose to add the /bin/ directory of MySQL to the path, during the
installation.

Do the developers read these messages as well? If not, where should I
report the problem?

Thank you,

--
Ney André de Mello Zunino

Thread
MySQL inadvertently messing with the path in the Windows' registry?Ney André de Mello Zunino23 Dec
  • Re: MySQL inadvertently messing with the path in the Windows' registry?Ney André de Mello Zunino23 Dec
    • Re: MySQL inadvertently messing with the path in the Windows' registry?Jeff Smelser23 Dec
      • Re: MySQL inadvertently messing with the path in the Windows' registry?Ney André de Mello Zunino23 Dec
        • Mysql-4.1.8 library name bugAndrey Kotrekhov23 Dec
          • Re: Mysql-4.1.8 library name bugJosh Trutwin23 Dec
            • Re: Mysql-4.1.8 library name bugAndrey Kotrekhov24 Dec