List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:December 13 2004 4:56pm
Subject:Re: DBI->connect does not work in crontab but works interactively
View as plain text
In the last episode (Dec 13), Duhaime Johanne said:
> I have a script that check the status of all innodb tables. It works
> fine interactively.
>
> But not from the crontab tab.
>
> Here is the error message and also a list of the environment variables
> from the crontab
>
> The message is about libz.so that does not exit:  but:
>
>  l /usr/local/lib/libz.so lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         13 Nov 23 16:26
> /usr/local/lib/libz.so -> libz.so.1.2.1*

Actually libz.so should be in /usr/lib as well on Solaris 9 (it's part
of the SUNWzlib package).  You can use the 'crle' command as root to
add /usr/local/lib to the ld.so searchpath.  This will add 3 common
library paths:

crle -l -u /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/sfw/lib

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped