List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Maunder Date:December 3 2004 8:52pm
Subject:Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops it
View as plain text
So what you're saying is that BINARY isn't binary because it chomps
spaces off the end, thereby corrupting the binary data. Sounds like a
bug. Should I report it?

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 12:30, Paul DuBois wrote:
> I agree about using the TINYBLOB to avoid trailing space truncation, but
> BINARY and VARBINARY are MySQL data types now.
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/BINARY_VARBINARY.html

Thread
if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itMark Maunder3 Dec
  • Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itDan Nelson3 Dec
    • Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itMark Maunder3 Dec
    • Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itPaul DuBois3 Dec
      • Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itMark Maunder3 Dec
Re: if last binary byte is space (ascii 32) mysql drops itHeikki Tuuri3 Dec