List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Stassen Date:November 29 2004 3:33am
Subject:Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?
View as plain text

Varakorn Ungvichian wrote:

> --- Michael Stassen <Michael.Stassen@stripped>
> wrote:
>

>>Varakorn Ungvichian wrote:
>>
>>>Just realised something: my table was MyIsam. I
>>>switched it to InnoDB (which support FKs), but
>>
>>now:
>>
>>>1. "Show Create Table" still doesn't show
>>
>>reference
>>
>>>links, and
>>
>>Well, of course not.  It won't show them until you
>>create them, which you
>>haven't done according to #2.
>
> I'm thinking more along the terms of when I include
> something like "position_id tinyint(4) NOT NULL
> default 1 references positions (position_id)" in the
> "create table" statement.

Which is parsed but silently ignored for non-InnoDB tables
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/CREATE_TABLE.html>, so it won't be there
in SHOW CREATE TABLE output.  InnoDB tables support this, but you have to
have the index(es) in place for it to work.  See the manual for more
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_foreign_key_constraints.html>.

> Varakorn Ungvichian

Michael
Thread
How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Varakorn Ungvichian26 Nov
  • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Martijn Tonies26 Nov
    • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Varakorn Ungvichian28 Nov
    • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Varakorn Ungvichian28 Nov
      • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Martijn Tonies28 Nov
      • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Michael Stassen28 Nov
        • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Varakorn Ungvichian29 Nov
          • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Michael Stassen29 Nov
RE: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Mechain Marc26 Nov
  • Re: How to retrieve constraints and links from MySQL tables?Martijn Tonies26 Nov