List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Date:November 29 2004 1:39am
Subject:Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar date
View as plain text
I don't have experience with either of those programs, but I think you
can convert them.

It looks like phpnuke is keeping the date in a DATE (or maybe a DATETIME
or TIMESTAMP) column and xoops is keeping the date in an INTEGER column
in Unix timestamp format.

If both of those are true then you can easily convert from one or the
other using the |FROM_UNIXTIME() or ||UNIX_TIMESTAMP() functions.

Chris

Eric Wagar wrote:

>I am testing moving from a phpnuke site to a xoops site.  In doing so, I am
>trying to get the user table moved over.
>
>I see in the phpnuke tables (which a similar table exists in xoops) that the
>users have a sign up date.  The date in phpnuke is the calendar day, May 1,
>2004, for example.  In xoops, it is seconds since 1-1-1970.
>
>Is there a way to convert all 24K+ users from the day to the second format?
>
>And, if not, would it be possible to zero out or empty the records?  And, what
>are the ramifications of doing so?  (The most important to us is the ability
>to keep username, email, and password.)
>
>Thanks
>Eric

Thread
Using epoch date instead of calendar dateEric Wagar29 Nov
  • Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar dateChris29 Nov
    • Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar dateEric Wagar29 Nov
      • Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar dateChris29 Nov
        • about berkeley db黄 俊源29 Nov
          • Re: about berkeley dbDan Nelson29 Nov
  • Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar dateDan Nelson29 Nov
    • Re: Using epoch date instead of calendar dateEric Wagar29 Nov