List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:November 26 2004 4:39pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old client
View as plain text
In the last episode (Nov 26), Andre Matos said:
> I have installed MySQL 4.1.7-nt + Apache 2 + PHP 5.0.2 + PHPMyAdmin
> 2.6.0-pl1 on my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am trying to solve the problem with
> MySQL PHP Old Clients using OLD_PASSWORD instead of just PASSWORD.
>
> How can I set on "my.ini" to start MySQL using as a default the
> OLD_PASSWORD?
>
> I tried to insert:
> [mysqld]
> --old-passwords
>
> and
>
> [mysqld]
> old-passwords
>
> but both didn't work.

"It didn't work" is one of the worst things you can say to someone
tring to diagnose a problem :)

Didn't work as in mysqld failed to start because it didn't understand
the option? or didn't work as in after mysqld started up with
old-passwords set to true and you created a new user you couldn't
connect with that user using an old client?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped