List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:November 26 2004 4:37pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 4.1 and PHP5 with old client
View as plain text
At 11:21 -0500 11/26/04, Andre Matos wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed MySQL 4.1.7-nt + Apache 2 + PHP 5.0.2 + PHPMyAdmin
>2.6.0-pl1 on my Windows XP Pro SP2. I am trying to solve the problem with
>MySQL PHP Old Clients using OLD_PASSWORD instead of just PASSWORD.
>
>How can I set on "my.ini" to start MySQL using as a default the
>OLD_PASSWORD?
>
>I tried to insert:
>[mysqld]
>--old-passwords
>
>and
>
>[mysqld]
>old-passwords
>
>but both didn't work.

Don't use leading dashes in option files.

But old-passwords won't work, either, for accounts that already
have had their passwords changed to the new (41-byte) format.
You'll need to reset their passwords back to the old format
with SET PASSWORD .... = OLD_PASSWORD('the password goes here')

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA